Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Buying all the things - huge collective haul/ some first impressions


I went a little crazy buying things this month - no regrets. There were some awesome sales and just some new products I'd been trying to get since they were released in the US.

First up - Priceline 40% off haul. Priceline is our only real "drugstore" that sells a wide variety of makeup at ridiculous Australian prices but a couple times a year they have a 40% off sale. I found out about it a few days early thanks to someone on r/AustralianMUA.  Even with the 40% off it was still more expensive then regular price in the US. Makes me cry little tears.
 



Pictured: Revlon colourstay whipped foundation in Buff, Essence brow gel, Essence silky touch blush in adorable, Essence metal glam eyeshadow in frosted apple, Australis high lights in pearl, Bourjois healthy mix serum in 52, Essence stay all day in 10, Savvy matte lipstick in Paris and models prefer spot brush cleaner.

Anyway, i wanted to pick up some foundations, namely the Revlon colorstay whipped (In the shade Buff) and the Bourjois healthy mix serum.  I was going to buy a backup of my nearly empty Bourjois healthy mix but they were only carrying shades 52, 53 and 54 of all their foundations and my usual shade is 51. The 52 shade didn't look too much darker then my Revlon so i won't with it on a gamble. It is a little darker but hopefully not too noticeable.

So far I really like both the foundations. The whipped is not especially drying on my dry skin and blends easier then liquid colourstay. I like to apply is by dotting it onto my face with a concealer brush and then using a flat top kabuki to blend it out. After using it for about 2 the lid cracked and won't screw on properly now :/ I've read of this happening to quite a few people, I hope that the inside lid and loosely screwing the lid on will be enough to keep it from drying out as it was still $21 on sale and 1 jar will last me well over 6 months. The finish is semi matte and I find it doesn't last as long on me as the original formula.

The boujours serum is really nice too, but not what I was expecting. The serum/gel description makes me think it would be more of a silicone feel like a primer, however it's not like that at all. It's not as moisturising as the regular healthy mix either which is surprising. It gives a dewy finish that looks really natural. On it provides light - medium coverage on me. It was about $16 on sale.

I don't really have much to say about the essence stay all day foundation as I have yet to use it and I don't think I will. It was an impulse buy because it was only $2-3 on sale. The shade is so orange compared to buff which is my best colour match I've found, I don't think I'll be doing much with it unless I'm going to an Oompa Loompas birthday party. 

I was quite excited about the Australis high lights but it was probably what I had the most trouble with. It took soooo long for the pump to work, I was convinced it was broken, and wheni got it to work it spits out too much. It has terrible control. 

The savvy lipstick is quite nice, quite drying though as to be expected from a matte lipstick. The last thing I want to mention is the models prefer spot brush cleaner - I believe this is the only product like that at priceline, at least that I've seen and it's about $11 on sale. I noticed since the last time I'm bought it it's been reduced by 10mls for the same price. 

Next order was from Cherry culture, they also had a 40% off sale and i received my order in 1 week.





























  • Nyx matte lipstick in Temptress
  •  NYX infinite shadow sticks in Silk, Almond, Rose gold and flushed
  • NYX smooth matte lip cream in Amsterdam
  • NYX cream blush in Natural
  • NYX dewy mist spray (Repurchase)
  • Milani shadow eyez in Almond
  • NYX born to glow illuminator in sunbeam
  • Milani color statement lipliner in Nude
  • NYX butter lipsticks in bit of honey and fun size
  • Milani lip intense in Red Extreme
(I know the butter lipsticks appear twice but i had to keep the squares nice)

The next order was from Beautyjoint, no sale, just wanted to try a few things. They recently started carrying BH cosmetics and i has been lusting over those flower blushes.

  • Cherimoya face primer in green, 
  • Elf matte lip colour in tea rose,
  • Milani lip intense in Firey coral
  • ELF all over cover stick in lilac petal, 
  • ELF brow kit in ash, 
  • Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel,
  • NYC sunny bronzer, 
  • Wet'n'wild lipstick in Vamp it up, 
  • Milani anti feathing lip liner, 
  • Bh cosmetics flower blushes in Lilac and daisy, 
  • Jordana blush in rose silk, 
  • Milani matte blush in Delizio pink and 
  • ELF bronzer in luminance (discontinued). 






 
Look at these weirdos.  
I'm not sure what I'm doing with my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment