Monday, December 8, 2014

Holy grail series part 4 - lipsticks, creams, glosses & lip liners

In this post I will be sharing my Favorite products for lips - I love to wear all kinda of colours from nudes to reds to black and bright purple. You will see that when I like a product, I tend to buy one two or 7 other colours. 



Gloss & Liquid lipsticks- 

  • Essence Stay with Me in Candy Bar
  • Essence stay with Me in My Favorite Milkshake 
  • Milani Lip Intense in Firey Coral 
  • Milani Lip Intense in red Extreme 
  • SAVVY by DB high shine lipgloss in 


LA Girl Glazed Lin paints in Bombshell, Babydoll, Coy, Whimsical, Flirt &  Elude.

These are supposedly dupes to the TooFaced Melteds but are more similar to OCC Lip Tars in consistency. These come in a huge array of colours from nude to orange to red and dark purples, but lack any of those unique or mixing shades like blue or white. 

The formula of these though is amazing, they last for ages on the lips and are opaque and blend together nicely. I like to apply them directly onto my lips then spread out with a flat synthetic brush to get precision. 

There are too many shades to list and I can't remember all of them but it is just about all of them. 

These are my favorite lipstick formula - they are cheap, super opaque, large array of colours and some unique ones too. My favorites are Cherry Bomb, 24 carrot gold, Purty Persimon amd Vamp it up. I just wish there were more nudes that suited me, and that the packaging wasn't so cruddy. 
ELF Matte Lip Colours in  Rich Red, Tea Rose, Coral, Natural and Nearly Nude.

I have a love-Hate relationship with these. I love the nude colours, particularly Tea Rose, but the pencil packaging makes them prone to braking and snapping. I've been through so many tubes of these because I love them but they brake before I'm done with them.  
Milani Colour Statement Lipsticks in Nude Creme, Flamingo Pose and Fruit Punch.

I've only tried a few of these but everything is rally nice about them - the packaging, smell, colour variety and formula. Again, I wish there was more lighter nude colours. 
NYX Matte Lip Creams in Amsterdam, Adis Ababa, Antwerp, Buenos Aires, Milan, Istanbul, Stockholm

I'm sure you're already accross these bad boys, if not, why not? They have a beautiful creamy texture (particularly the darker shades, lightest shades tend to get a bit drying) and come in soo many colours, I've yet to try and of the releases for this year (Transylavania u will be mine).  I've had most of these for so long the packaging changed, I kind of prefer the old one it had a matte feel all over and the writing was cute. 
NYX Xtreme Lip Creams in Candyland, Pinky Nude, Nude Peach Fuzz, Natural. 

While everyone fusses about the Matte creams, I've heard very few people talk about these. They are quite glossy which I don't usually go for but they are really long lasting and have some nice colours, my favorite being Natural and Nude Peach Fuzz. I really wish they would bring out some more variety as there is only about 6 in the range. 

Wet n Wild Fergie Center Stage Lipsticks in Pagan Angel, Fergie Daily, Ferguson Crest Caberet 

Can you guess which one I use the most? The crappy chrome spray comes off with regular use by OH MY GOD THIS IS MY FAVORITE LIPSTICK EVER. I'm nearly finished the tube and Its pretty hard to find it. It's so beautiful and creamy though. Perfect everyday nude for me. The black is also really decent for a drugstore black, but Ferguson Crest comes off lighter than in the tube. 
  • NYX Slim Lip Pencils in Hot Red and Nude pink
  • Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve 
  • Milani colour Statemnt Liner in Natural 


These a all do their job, they are creamy and pigmented and long lasting. 
Random assortment of lipsticks - these are all ones I really like but only have tried one of. 

  • LA Girl Creme Lipstick in Last Night 
  • Jordana Matte Lipstick in Pink Flair 
  • Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn Lipstick in Geradium 
  • SAVVY Matte Lipstick in Paris 
  • Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 04 
NYX a Butter lipsticks in Fun Size, Bit of Honey. Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie, Creme Brule, Peaches & Cream. 

Whenever I think of these im kinda ehh because they are sheer and light (think Revlon Lip Butters) but when I wear them I get compliments and they can be really nice paired with heavier eye looks. The two lipsticks I have are way to similar to each other though and only have slightly different undertones. The best thing about these glosses is the cake batter smell, so yummy. I absolutely love the packaging of these glosses it makes me want to collect them all. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment