Saturday, May 2, 2015

April favourites, empties and products that didn't work out



I'm so inconsistent with these things as my favourites tend not to vary too much month to month, but lately Ive also had some things Ive really not enjoyed as well as working towards finishing a bunch of products.


1. Benefit Majorette blush - This is such a pretty peachy colour. It is very soft but can be built up, it just gives a subtle flush which is what i usually go for with my blush. 

2. Essence Bloom Me Up trend edition highlighter - This one is quite old, but it is fairly unique for an affordable highlighter. The lavender tones help to brighten my difficult to highlight fair complexion.

3. Savvy CC powder in Anti Redness - This was a total whim buy a short while ago, but it quickly made its way to my HG list. I use it to set my under eye concealer and as a matte highlighter. There is also a brightening powder in the range but i think this is the lightest powder and it works really really well on NC/W15-20 skin.

4. TooFaced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer - I got this mini in the tiny bronzer wardrobe just to try, and yep, it confirmed my belief. This is the perfect  bronzer for me, and I will eventually buy the full size as I hate the dinky cardboard packaging. This one suits me so much better then the regular Chocolate soleil and nicely warms up my face. 

1. TooFaced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette - Ive been loving the neutral matte tones in this for everyday looks. My favourite shades are Nougat, Peanut Butter and Mousse.

2. Rimmel Lasting Finish primer - I really like that this primer absorbs really quickly and I don't have to wait around for it to sink in. I feel like it really does make my foundation last longer. The only downside is I feel like my tube was always half empty. 

1. Maybelline Colour Elixirs in Vision in Violet and Fuchsia Flourish - Ive been really into layering the Elixers with my Velerorlips. It makes the Velourlips much more wearable (being less matte and sticky and chalky.) I'm aiming to also get a nude, red and orange Elixir to round out my collection.

2. Too Faced 'Flatbuki' brush  - This came with the bronzer wardrobe and originally I wasnt even bothering to use it as it is way to big for bronzing in my opinion, however it is soo soft and I love it for my setting powders. 



1. Lucas Paw Paw - The weather has been making my lips so chapped so this has been quite a miracle worker, I slap it on after work and at night.

2. Glamourflage Enchanting Ella Eye Cream - Ive never had an eye specific cream before but always wanted one. This makes me feel so grown up. I don't know if its just a placebo though or if i haven't been using it for long enough yet, but I haven't noticed a huge difference in my eyes.

3. Swisse Macadamia and Chamomile Face Oil- Yes, oh god yes. If you have dry skin, or want your foundation to go on smoother, you need this. My face is so freaking smooth, I want you all to touch it.

~PRODUCTS THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT~


1. Benefit Girl meets Pearl - I thought I was going to really like this, but it is pretty much exactly the same colour as my skin so it does nothing. I also find it a bit difficult to blend as it dries fast so I'm left with a weird metallic streak on my face, not a great look. 

2. Australis Colour Corrector in green - I bought this a long time ago and was never a fan. After giving it another twirl, it's still under preforming. It does absolutely nothing for redness and just blends away. 

3. Benefit Porefessional - I don't have huge pores, but I thought given the cult status of this I'd love it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I apply a small amount to my nose and pat it on, wait, but when I apply foundation over it goes all crumbly and gross.

4. Models Prefer Soft Touch Mineral Powders in Soft Focus and Photo Ready - I want to love these sooo much. But ugh, I don't know how to feel about them. I can see them kind of blurring my skin, but Soft Focus is too dark on me and makes my foundation too dark. Ive been trying to use Photo Ready to highlight as it is that Georges lavender tone but it doesn't seem to do much. I'm still working with them but so far no beuno.

~EMPTIES~

1. Skin79 SuperBB Orange - I absolutely love all of the skin79 BB's I've tried and am sad to see this go, but the packaging is always so bulky and takes up so much room. I'd absolutely recommend these if you've never tried them.

2. Jergens Age Defying Moisturiser-  I don't particularly need my mosturiser to be age defying, but as I usually buy the $3 ones from the reject shop there isn't much selection. However, Ive grown so attached to these and this is my 2nd bottle, with my 3rd already being started.

3. Chi Chi lipliner in Centerfold - Owh, I'm so sad about this. I didn't realise that i was near the end until I went to use it today. This has been my go to lip-liner ever since I got it. I'll eventually repurchase but maybe in a slightly lighter nude shade.











No comments:

Post a Comment