Saturday, March 21, 2015

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash & Primple Cream review


 Recently having clear skin has been more important to me as I have started a new job in which I don't wear makeup too. Having normal-dry skin that isn't sensitive I usually don't have too much to worry about, however now and then I come across a primer that does break me out, which is was I've been dealing with for the last few weeks (NYX angel veil I'm looking at you...grr). 


Clearasil sent me these two products to review and I thought I would use the opportunity to go over some of my other Clearasil products as inadvertently over the years I have accumulated somewhat of a collection. I purchased everything apart from the Rapid Action Pimple Cream and Gel Wash, but I have used a whole bottle of the gel wash previously in high school. I'll start off with the main review for these two products, and conclude by recommending my favourite products of everything I own.

Clearasil Rapid Action Gel Wash 
 $14.49 available from Priceline
The first impressions that I get from this gel is that is leaves my skin feeling very clean, albeit it a little tight so I'm sure to follow with a toner. It is described as being deep cleansing which I would agree with. This gel wash really does get to work and my skin is usually all clear within 4 days of continual use. As it has strong ingredients to work fast it does dry out my skin a bit so I would recommend this more for those with normal - oily complexions.  I my St. Ives scrub first and then use this only at night and only when my skin needs it. I concentrate it on the breakout areas, which is usually my chin and around my mouth. I use a little scrublet doohicky and wash off with warm water. After I follow up with  TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel toner.

 Clearasil Rapid Action Pimple Cream
 $14.49 available from Priceline
These kind of fast action pimple creams are always a good little investment to keep around, and luckily i got this as i had just finished my tube of Clearasil Seal to Clear gel. I like this cream formula better as it will wink into your skin and you can still apply makeup over it without it coming off and looking flakey. This didn't have the tingling feeling that the spot gel did, which I was a bit disappointed with as I like to be able to feel the product stinging a little and know it's working, but a lot of people don't like that. I use this after my toner and before any other moisturizer i might use and then let it work its magic overnight. I apply a small amount again in the morning and let it skin into my skin before I would apply more moisturizer. 

After using these consecutively for a few days I saw the size/appearance of my breakouts fade but was still left with red marks. For my breakouts to completely heal and disappear it would still take about 4 days to a week but I do notice a  reduced time-frame when using these 2 products together. In the future I would like to see Clearasil come out with some blemish treatments that are kinder to dry skin. There are the new Daily Clear Superfruits line but I have not tried any of those products yet.
If you are unsure of what products would work best for your skin, Clearasil has a simple 'Skincare Guide' that will recommend products for you. My personal picks would be the Gel Wash, Overnight Wash, the Pimples & Marks Lotion and the Rapid Action Pimple cream.Overall I think Clearasil is a good brand for dealing with occasional breakouts as it effective and quite an affordable skincare solution. You can often find some of the ranges in the Reject Shop for half price as they are imported from other countries.






1 comment: